Sunday 7 April 2019

Time for an Update

Wow! It's nearly been a year since I last posted here. What a busy year it's been in terms of my freelance writing and editing work. So much so that I haven't had a chance to focus on my own writing.

I've been busily working away on client newsletters, blogs, marketing materials and there's been several novels and non-fiction books along the way as well.  My workday often begins at 9am and I can often be found still typing away twelve hours later – fueled by caffeine and a genuine love for what I do. 

And every once in a while, a project comes along that becomes more than just "another project." It's the kind of project that stays on my mind long after I've shut off the PC, plumped up the bed pillows, and turned off the light. 

It's something special and something that I simply can't discard into the "finished project" pile. It's the kind of project that tugs at your heartstrings and makes you feel a whole new kind of wonderful and something proud to have been a part of. 

I've recently finished "that" type of editing/proofreading project and it is one that I want to share with you. 


The book is written by Louise Price and is entitled...

The Amazing Amelia and The Twenty Something Chromosome: One Family's Journey with Down Syndrome – Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond


...And it is an amazing story, indeed. 

This autobiography chronicles one mother's experience from pregnancy through to the next 18 months of her daughter's life via a series of heartwarming and thought-provoking blogs. The author takes the reader on an incredible journey—sometimes joyful, sometimes harrowing—that reinforces how a mother's love is unconditional and knows no boundaries. 

I can't recommend this book enough – whether you have a child or know of a child with Down syndrome, you're a parent or not, or if you are just seeking an inspirational read.  

So please don't hesitate to check it out and don't forget to share the link with your family and friends.

In other news ...

Art the Spiffy Spider celebrates its 5th birthday this month! 

Stay tuned for a special birthday promotion – a great way to introduce Art to a new audience of young readers. Explore the meaning of friendship and kindness in this colourful children's book that has already been enjoyed by countless children worldwide. 

That's all for now! 

Whether you need an article that needs writing, a book that needs editing, or anything that needs proofreading, don't hesitate to contact me for a quote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment